Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tidbits from The Road

1. We both feel like we're getting sick, so we've stocked up on orange juice, airborne, clementines and bottled water.

2. My knee has been bugging me the past three days. I've been wearing a knee support and it's feeling better but after the hike into Carlsbad Caverns yesterday, it's feeling a little sore again.

3. I also somehow cut my thumb, which bugged me for a couple days, but it's healing nicely now. The thumb is a horrible place to have a cut.

4. We missed American Idol this week. And we'll probably be missing it until we get home.

5. Oklahoma SUCKS. Don't ever go there. We had to pay over $10 just to USE THE ROAD! And the drivers are horrible and it smells funny. Not to mention the ton and a half of gravel sprinkled all over the highway (yes, the same one we had to pay to use! What do they do with that money? eat it?). I guess I'll be replacing my windshield when we get home for sure! Just...you're not missing anything, so stay away unless you must.

6. Carlsbad Caverns on the other hand, is quite worth the trip all the way almost to the southern border of New Mexico.

7. We went through three states today.

8. But we had to put up our tent and cook dinner in the dark as a result. And we're at a creepy KOA, seemingly in the middle of nowhere, Missouri, and the bathrooms closest to us are "Closed for the season. Please use the ones in the main building" seven miles away! Ok, not seven, but a long way.

9. We're sad the old Route 66 is no longer in use. It seems like it would have been a cool experience after seeing the Oklahoma Route 66 Museum today (the ONLY thing we found of use in OK, which is totally NOT okay).

10. We're having a fun time, though, and we're excited to see Big Oak Tree State Park tomorrow (still in MO...Mo, if you're reading this, I'm in MO!). And I'll post some pictures of the caverns tomorrow probably...or the next day. No promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment