Friday, April 9, 2010

Heading North

Yesterday we headed north from Myrtle Beach, SC, which, by the way, was quite a pretty beach, must better than Daytona. We took a walk and found some shells and I got a sunburn. I wasn't expecting to be out in the sun like that and it wasn't even that long. I was surprised to find it on my back when we got to New Bern, NC last night.

We stayed at a bed and breakfast in a house built in 1869. Part of why I love staying in bed and breakfasts is because when else am I going to have the chance to stay in such a beautiful house? Plus, usually they have AMAZING breakfasts...this one didn't. The owners work outside the house, so they left out a nice spread of fruit and pastries and juice and coffee, but I'm still enjoying sitting in the front room of this old house writing this while Jim looks at the real estate ads in the local paper. It's cheap out here! And we're pretty darn close to water front.

To go back to yesterday, it was time to get the oil changed and it took FOREVER! The guy was old and must have been using his 1900's methods or something...and we went to the DEALERSHIP! I figured it would take longer to wait for my prescription, but the guy at CVS in Myrtle Beach was so nice. After he finally found my file on the computer (Stupid Missouri store messed it up. They changed my CA to MO in my address! That guy was a total idiot), he grabbed it right off the shelf and gave it to me, didn't make me wait at all. I expected to put in the prescription, go get the oil changed and then come back and HOPE it was ready. It was a nice surprise.

When we were all fixed up and ready to roll, we headed north and stopped in Wilmington, NC. This next part makes me kind of a loser to everyone but my mom and Heather, but I had to check out some of the places where they film One Tree Hill. I can't help it. I love the show! We stopped at the River Court, the place they use as the front of the school and the bridge Lucas crosses in the opening credits, which they don't even use anymore. It was exciting!

So now we're in New Bern and I don't really have any pictures for you yet, but I will tomorrow, so hold tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment