Friday, April 30, 2010

The Last Night is Booked

Well, it's coming to an end. I just booked our last week or so's worth of reservations. We're in Loveland, CO tonight. We drove through Nebraska and the corner of Wyoming to get here. The wind was pretty awful again today and there were tornado warnings for the other side of Nebraska from where we were. Everytime it started hailing we started looking around for the swirling clouds. It started calming down after we got off I-80 and headed south toward Colorado.

The Rocky Mountains crept up in the distance as we crossed the stateline, capped in white and swathed in clouds. This picture doesn't even do it justice. It was beautiful. I couldn't stop looking out the window.



We ate dinner at On The Border and it felt like we were getting closer to home. I've racked up 28,000 points on my Priority Club card for Holiday Inn. I've got at least a free night, I think. It's nice that they're offering an extra 1,000 points for every stay during this time that we've been gone.

Crazy hail


Amazing freaking clouds


Oh, and we hit 10,000 miles yesterday..I think it was yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to read last night booked,seems like you guys have been gone forever.I have so loved your pictures.Steph you can add photographer to your writing status, I have so loved them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Barb! Seriously gorgeous pictures! But I miss you too and you are now headed in the right direction...lol.

    ReplyDelete