Tuesday, April 13, 2010

More Tidbits

1. My right knee is still bothering me. Walking up and down the steep stairs at the battleship today was starting to bug it quite a bit. I have no idea what I did to it.

2. I just learned that there's sucralose in Airborne and now I refuse to take it. Jim doesn't really want to either but he's been feeling like he's getting sick, so he's finishing the tube. I'm completely bummed about this. I swear by that stuff!

3. We've eaten pizza so many times this trip, I'm sick of it! It's just so much easier to have it delivered to the hotel than to actually go out and find something. Tonight, I actually had baked ziti and Jim had a Cheese Steak Pie (Pizza in NJ speak), and it came right to our room. :)

4. Today is the first day its rained since we've been gone. Word is the weather is awful at home. We've had nothing but warm and sunny. It was a nice change, but it was cold! And I packed my tennis shoes so I was walking around with wet feet in my flip flops.

5. "2vi" (the new Garmin for those of you who haven't been keeping up) is working out quite nicely. We think she's going to be a keeper.

6. We went to a liquor store in some little podunk town in Maryland (we were looking for a magnet) because we had to pee (We'd stopped at three other stores so far and all of them had bathrooms that were "out of order"...yea, right), and he actually let us use his (we think he may have had more than slurpee in his cup...). But we decided we wanted to get a bottle of wine while we were there, so we went to the local section...there were a lot of wineries in northern Virginia, so we figured we'd find one to try...and we ended up buying one from California! The selection of locals was awful...only about half an aisle, while the California section was FOUR AISLES! I guess you can't beat the best. :)

7.  We've managed to watch all but one performance episode of American Idol since we've been gone (Can anyone actually believe I convinced Jim to watch this show?! And he's SOOO into it!)

8. I've taken (and kept) 1608 photos so far this trip (and deleted probably a few hundred)

9. We're just a few miles short of the 6,000 mile mark.

10. PEOPLE NEED TO COMMENT MORE!!!

5 comments:

  1. on our trips we always stopped at the visitor centers coming into the states, many had the magnets and a lot of other useful information also and maps and pamphlets and helpful suggestions, give it a try, it's on the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Jim mentioned that earlier in the trip, but at the time we were passing state lines in the evenings. We'll have to remember to check next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Something else we have in common! I have a thing with covered bridges too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I have to look up sucralose too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep the pictures coming Beautiful! They are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I love the one with the flag in front of the momument!

    ReplyDelete